Last Revised: July, 2019
Types of Information Collected
BandAndMe may ask you for some or all of the following types of information which may be identifiable to you when you register for our App, the Platform, or other Services, access various content or features: (i) contact information, such as your email address and name; (ii) your age; and (iii) information for the purpose of authenticating yourself or your account if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you may be violating our policies or for any other reason we deem necessary (collectively "Personal Information"). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the App unless you provide it voluntarily. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all Personal Information you submit to BandAndMe.
We also collect and store the Personal Information you voluntarily submit to us through registering with us or uploading or posting User Content through the App or Services. You agree that your username, likes, feedback, and any associated comments may become public information; we therefore urge you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on the App or through the Services.
BandAndMe may collect information that you provide to BandAndMe voluntarily such as household income range, personal interests, and any of your product or service preferences (“Other Information”). We may also enable advertisers and ad servers to promote third party products and/or services by placing advertisements on the App.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically receive and collect information such as your IP address, the URLs of websites you leave the App to go to, access times, your operating system, your mobile provider, your mobile device, and your ISP. We may use such information to better understand how users use the App, to analyze trends, prevent fraud, and gather broad demographic information.
Our Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information, both Personal Information and any other information, is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your information to: provide the Services and customer support you request; troubleshoot problems and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; customize, measure and improve the App, our Services, content and advertising; tell you about and administer our App or Services, targeted marketing, service updates, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; monitor and enforce our Terms of Service; communicate with Users about third-party products and/or services you may be interested in; verify your eligibility to use the App.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
BandAndMe Inc. is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also use and/or share your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information with, and you authorize us to use and/or share this information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations. We employ these companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
- Our affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, tickets, and other items or services. Likewise, we may receive information from such affiliates and promotional partners to offer our Users special items or services.
- We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Users, we may analyze certain Non-Personal Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App the Platform, the Services and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by emailing us at or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be safe 100% of the time. BandAndMe cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BandAndMe or guarantee that your end user data stored on the App or the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
The App and the Platform are hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States.
We may use your email to deliver the BAM newsletter, as well as for other promotional (e.g., new product offerings, special offers by us or other third parties) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails we send you, such usage includes whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you send an email to us, or fill out our "Feedback" form, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide.
You may indicate your preference to opt out of receiving promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account with us.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to other Users on our App or on other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We are not responsible for any information we do not collect. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to others.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
If you wish to request a copy of or make updates to your personal information collected by BandAndMe, please contact us at email@example.com.